Registration, morning tea and coffee
Gary Liu, Chief Executive Officer, South China Morning Post
Opening remarks by Guest of Honour
The Hon. Mrs Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor, GBM, GBS, Chief Executive, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
Keynote speech: Highlighting China’s foreign and domestic policies under the new leadership team
- How is China shaping globalisation against the rising tide of protectionism from the US?
- How will the leadership reshuffle impact China’s domestic and international economic development strategies?
Prof. Zhang Yansheng, Adjunct Professor, Renmin University of China; Former Secretary General, Academic Committee of China's National Development and Reform Commission
THE US FACTOR
Panel: What’s next for the RMB internationalisation with Trump in the White House
- To what extent will the geopolitics between China and the US influence the value of the RMB?
- Will the inclusion of RMB in the Special Drawing Rights (SDR) currency basket make it challenging for the dollar-driven international monetary regime?
- How could Hong Kong leverage its role as the global offshore RMB business hub to boost cross-border investment and financing?
Moderator: Wang Xiangwei, Editorial Advisor, South China Morning Post
- Frank Newman, Chairman, China, Promontory Financial Group; Former Deputy Secretary, the United States Department of the Treasury; Former Chairman and CEO, Shenzhen Development Bank
- John Woods, Managing Director and Chief Investment Officer Asia Pacific, Investment Strategy and Research, Investment Solutions and Products, Credit Suisse
- Aidan Yao, Senior Emerging Asia Economist, AXA Investment Managers Asia Ltd
Morning networking refreshments
Fireside Chat: Going global: Discussing the China-US commercial and investment relationship
- How are Chinese companies adjusting their business strategies of going global against the backdrop of controlled capital outflow?
- Will the new China-US ties pose challenges for Chinese outbound investment in the US and vice versa?
Moderator: Tara Joseph, President, American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
- Daniel Russel, Diplomat in Residence and Senior Fellow, Asia Society Policy Institute; Former Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs, the United States Department of State
- Dr Edward Tse, Founder and CEO, Gao Feng Advisory Company
EXPANDING BUSINESS FOOTPRINTS WITH BELT AND ROAD INITIATIVE
Panel: Unlocking Belt and Road infrastructure investment opportunities in Asia and beyond
- Where do we stand now regarding major infrastructure projects funding and financing along Belt and Road countries and regions?
- How are Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) and Silk Road Fund closing the gap in financing infrastructure projects in Asia and Eurasia?
- How private sectors in construction, transportation and financing industries in China can capitalise on the infrastructure investment opportunities through Hong Kong?
Moderator: Zuraidah Ibrahim, Deputy Executive Editor, South China Morning Post
- Prof. Witman Hung, JP, Principal Liaison Officer for Hong Kong, Shenzhen Qianhai Authority
- Lincoln Leong, Chief Executive Officer, MTR Corporation
- Dr Annie Wu, SBS, JP, Member, Standing Committee, Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference; Honorary Chairman, Beijing Air Catering Company Limited; Lifetime Honorary Board Member, World Trade Centers Association
Panel: Discussing commonalities between Chinese and Western cultures and values
Hosted by Joe Tsai, Chairman, South China Morning Post Publishers; Executive Vice Chairman, Alibaba Group
- Dr Eric Li, Managing Partner, Chengwei Capital; Founder, Guancha.cn
- Prof. Keith Richburg, Director, Journalism and Media Studies Centre, The University of Hong Kong
FUELING INNOVATIVE GROWTH DRIVERS
Panel: From “made-in-China” to “created-in-China” – Fostering strategic partnership to accelerate innovation success
- How to pinpoint the business opportunities ahead for manufacturers with the deepening supply-side reforms lead by “Made in China 2025”?
- Exploring the partnership with innovation start-ups to enhance productivity, upgrade business models and generate more business prospects
Moderator: Eugene Tang, Business Editor, South China Morning Post
- Hung Kwong-yee, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Ten Pao Group
- Duane Kuang, Founding Managing Partner, Qiming Venture Partners
- Richard Li, Director of Brand Communications, BYD Company Limited
Capturing China’s massive consumption markets with the power of new economy
- How services sectors especially retailing and tourism business can thrive by leveraging China’s shift to a service-driven economy and the rising middle class?
- In what ways will the growing e-commerce, especially mobile, transform the marketplace?
- How innovative technologies such as big data, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and fintech help integrate offline and online services experiences?
Moderator: Professor Albert Park, Director, Institute for Emerging Market Studies; Chair Professor of Social Science; Professor of Economics, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Dr Karen Reddington, President, Asia Pacific Division, FedEx Express
- Qian Jiannong, Global Partner of Fosun, Senior Vice President of Fosun International, Chairman & President of Fosun Tourism Group
- Edith Yeung, Partner, 500 Startups Greater China
Keynote: Future Models of Global Governance
Speaker: Daniel Russel, Diplomat in Residence & Senior Fellow, Asia Society Policy Institute; Former Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs, the United States Department of State
Speaker: The Hon. Tung Chee-hwa, GBM, Vice Chairman, The 12th National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, People's Republic of China; Founding Chairman, The China-United States Exchange Foundation and Our Hong Kong Foundation
Key takeaways, end of conference and networking refreshments