Remarks: Programme is tentative and is subject to change.
Registration, morning tea and coffee
Opening remarks by Guest of Honour
The Hon. Mrs Carrie Lam, GBM, GBS, Chief Executive, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
Keynote speech: Highlighting China’s foreign and domestic policies under the new leadership team
- How is China shaping globalisation against the rising tide of protectionism from the US?
- How will the leadership reshuffle impact China’s domestic and international economic development strategies?
Prof. Zhang Yansheng, Adjunct Professor, Renmin University of China; Former Secretary General, Academic Committee of China's National Development and Reform Commission
THE US FACTOR
Panel: What’s next for the RMB internationalisation with Trump in the White House
- To what extend will the geopolitics between China and the US influence the value of the RMB?
- Will the inclusion of RMB in the Special Drawing Rights (SDR) currency basket make it challenging for the dollar-driven international monetary regime?
- How could Hong Kong leverage its role as the global offshore RMB business hub to boost cross-border investment and financing?
Moderator: Wang Xiangwei, Editorial Advisor, South China Morning Post
- Frank Newman, Chairman, China, Promontory Financial Group; Former Deputy Secretary, the United States Department of the Treasury; Former Chairman and CEO, Shenzhen Development Bank
- John Woods, Managing Director and Chief Investment Officer Asia Pacific, Investment Strategy and Research, Investment Solutions and Products, Credit Suisse
- Aidan Yao, Senior Emerging Asia Economist, AXA Investment Managers Asia Ltd
Morning networking refreshments
Fireside Chat: Going global: Discussing the China-US commercial and investment relationship
- How are Chinese companies adjusting their business strategies of going global against the backdrop of controlled capital outflow?
- Will the new China-US ties pose challenges for Chinese outbound investment in the US and vice versa?
Moderator: Tara Joseph, President, American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
- Daniel Russel, Diplomat in Residence and Senior Fellow, Asia Society Policy Institute; Former Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs, the United States Department of State
- Dr Edward Tse, Founder and CEO, Gao Feng Advisory Company
EXPANDING BUSINESS FOOTPRINTS WITH BELT AND ROAD INITIATIVE
Panel: Unlocking Belt and Road infrastructure investment opportunities in Asia and beyond
- Where do we stand now regarding major infrastructure projects funding and financing along Belt and Road countries and regions?
- How are Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) and Silk Road Fund closing the gap in financing infrastructure projects in Asia and Eurasia?
- How private sectors in construction, transportation and financing industries in China can capitalise on the infrastructure investment opportunities through Hong Kong?
Moderator: Zuraidah Ibrahim, Deputy Executive Editor, South China Morning Post
- Dr Annie Wu, SBS, JP, Member, Standing Committee, Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference; Honorary Chairman, Beijing Air Catering Company Limited; Lifetime Honorary Board Member, World Trade Centers Association
- Lincoln Leung, Chief Executive Officer, MTR Corporation
Panel: Discussing commonalities between Chinese and Western cultures and values
Hosted by Joe Tsai, Chairman, the South China Morning Post Publishers; Executive Vice Chairman, the Alibaba Group
- Dr Eric Li, Managing Partner, Chengwei Capital; Founder, Guancha.cn
FUELING INNOVATIVE GROWTH DRIVERS
Panel: From “made-in-China” to “created-in-China” – Fostering strategic partnership to accelerate innovation success
- How to pinpoint the business opportunities ahead for manufacturers with the deepening supply-side reforms lead by “Made in China 2025”?
- Exploring the partnership with innovation start-ups to enhance productivity, upgrade business models and generate more business prospects
Moderator: Eugene Tang, Business Editor, South China Morning Post
- Jane Chen, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, ZTE Corporation
- Hung Kwong-yee, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Ten Pao Group
Capturing China’s massive consumption markets with the power of new economy
- How services sectors especially retailing and tourism business can thrive by leveraging China’s shift to a service-driven economy and the rising middle class?
- In what ways will the growing e-commerce, especially mobile, transform the marketplace?
- How innovative technologies such as big data, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and fintech help integrate offline and online services experiences?
Moderator: Professor Albert Park, Director, Institute for Emerging Market Studies; Chair Professor of Social Science; Professor of Economics, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Dr Karen Reddington, President, Asia Pacific Division, FedEx Express
- Prof. Witman Hung, JP, Principal Liaison Officer for Hong Kong, Shenzhen Qianhai Authority
Keynote: Future Models of Global Governance
Speaker: Daniel Russel, Diplomat in Residence & Senior Fellow, Asia Society Policy Institute; Former Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs, the United States Department of State
Speaker: The Hon. Tung Chee-hwa, GBM, Vice Chairman, The 12th National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, People's Republic of China; Founding Chairman, The China-United States Exchange Foundation and Our Hong Kong Foundation
Key takeaways, end of conference and networking refreshments